Did you mean: 

assign annotative scale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jefferyjensen
558 Views, 2 Replies

assign annotative scale

Hello Dynamic Blocks Forum,

How do I assign annotative scales to an annotative dynamic block?

Problem: I created an annotative dynamic block (see attached SPOTELEV.dwg) that allows me to rotate the spot elevation label with a visibility state of right and left text orientation. The problem is when I insert it into a new drawing, I need to manually assign the annotative scales (1"=1", 1"=1', 1"=10', 1"=20', 1"=30', and 1"=40' as seen in image below). I would like the annotative scales saved/embed/included within the dynamic block. Then the end user just inserts the block in model space, does his drafting and at the time of plotting, modifies the viewport scale to one of the office standards and done. No need to select the blocks and add the annotation scales.

AnnotativeScale.jpg

So in a nutshell, the goal is to have one dynamic block with all annotative scales included instead of creating/maintaining several blocks which are all the same except for the scale.

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@jefferyjensen wrote:

Hello Dynamic Blocks Forum,

How do I assign annotative scales to an annotative dynamic block?

Problem: I created an annotative dynamic block (see attached SPOTELEV.dwg) that allows me to rotate the spot elevation label with a visibility state of right and left text orientation. The problem is when I insert it into a new drawing, I need to manually assign the annotative scales (1"=1", 1"=1', 1"=10', 1"=20', 1"=30', and 1"=40' as seen in image below). I would like the annotative scales saved/embed/included within the dynamic block. Then the end user just inserts the block in model space, does his drafting and at the time of plotting, modifies the viewport scale to one of the office standards and done. No need to select the blocks and add the annotation scales.

AnnotativeScale.jpg

So in a nutshell, the goal is to have one dynamic block with all annotative scales included instead of creating/maintaining several blocks which are all the same except for the scale.

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

Hi Jeff,

A copy/paste from a drawing to another does preserve the annotation scales though it bloats the scale list with _1 scales if the drawing parameters are different. The insertion process (from adcenter or from "insert bloc" block command) does erase all the annotation scales, even when it's an insertion in the very drawing the block is created. I don't know why it does that but it seems that there may be a purging process before a block insertion.

The only workaround I found was to start with a new template (acad or acadiso depending on your standards), delete all but one scales (the "1 = 1" one), then copy/pasting the annotative block. New scales were created but only clean ones (and no "1 = 1_1" surprisingly). I then created a new block from another file saved under another name, saved the same annotative scales to it and copy/pasted it to my test drawing and it used the exact same scales without creating new ones.

So that may be a viable solution for your office if you don't mind having to use a file as a library to copy/paste block from.

Message 3 of 3
dannyk
in reply to: jefferyjensen

I managed to attach specific annotation Scales to Blocks by Putting them in A Tool Palette. This makes it easier. Of Course, you need to create a specific Contents file in which all your blocks are saved (e.g. Source File) Try it, you might like it.

Cheers,

dannyk

dannyk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta