Did you mean: 

Arc Radius, Dynamic Block Relationship: Shade Sail Including Posts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
624 Views, 1 Reply

Arc Radius, Dynamic Block Relationship: Shade Sail Including Posts

Ok so this seems like a challenge Smiley Happy

I am creating a dynamic block which is supposed to be a 2D drawing of a 4 corner Shade Sail, including circular posts and linkages.

In the block, the posts can me moved around, however, I haven't quite worked out the sail curvature relationships and the linkage orientations.

For a start:

I am having difficulty creating a constraint, where the curvature of the sail edges (arc) is a fixed dimension. If you play around with the grips of these arcs, it shows they aren't properly constrained by arc radius. I have seen in other threads, that a similar problem occurs with creating a dynamic block with the arc radius as a dynamic constraint. Can it actually be done? Smiley Indifferent

Bonus:

If I can, I would also like the linkages to line up, so they split the angle of the corner of the sale in half (E.g. In reality the linkages should pull out evenly). I have included formula in the block for one of the corners of the sail, however the constraint to choose is eluding me.

I have included the block below, if you guys have any ideas they would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rade_tomovic
in reply to: Anonymous

I have to say that you should make a game from this block, it is very polymorphing Smiley Very Happy Sorry for joke, but can you provide sample dwgs where I can see what exactly you want to achieve with this block (like some catalogue)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta