Did you mean: 

Advanced Dynamic Block with Enhanced Attributes and Multiple Rotations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mattkulik
305 Views, 4 Replies

Advanced Dynamic Block with Enhanced Attributes and Multiple Rotations

I've had to create some tricky, at least for me, dynamic blocks but this one has got me stumped.

This block has enhanced attributes so I can use it to enter different data as the block is repeated throughout drawings.

I'm trying to create a block that has two rotation handles:

One for the prompt "ENTER SWPD ADDRESS NUMBERS" so that I can rotate the 4 digit address as shown in the examples attached.

One for the solid block and numbers that rotate the center of the t.

The attached file has a Block defined as "4 WAY NW Vault" as well as the examples in the FD at right of the block. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: mattkulik

I think I understand the result you're looking for.

First, don't duplicate attribute tag names.  Three of them were named #.  It confuses the block and the user.

I added an additional rotation to handle rotating the 4 digit address as needed. Set the Angle1 rotation to be a 90 degree interval. Then I added a block table to coordinate the 3 rotation parameters together and set what each one should be at 0,90,180 and 270.  The inside number movements are chained point/moves operated by a rotation. This moves them in a circular pattern without rotating them.

MMcCall402_0-1712331763593.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
mattkulik
in reply to: MMcCall402

@MMcCall402 Thank you for your response and expertise! 

I had noticed the attribute tag names were red when viewed inside the Enhanced Attribute Editor. It sounds like that was the cause. Thanks for correcting me there. 

I'll have to try to duplicate how you made the "ENTER SWPD ADDRESS NUMBER" text rotate and maintain that rotational placement. That is exactly what I was looking to do with that text box. Thank you so much!

As for the hashed out box. I was trying to accomplish a way of rotating the hashed out area independently of the "ENTER SWPD ADDRESS NUMBER" text (which I've done in the attached "NW Vault 2.dwg" file). I had to create a 4th "ENTER NW Circuit Number" field to accomplish this, that would have to be left blank when the hashed out area is covering it. So it's not a murphy proof solution.

Ideally, I'd like a second rotation handle to rotate the hashed out area, along with the 3 "ENTER NW Circuit Number" text boxes to rotate about the same center point you used to rotate the "ENTER SWPD ADDRESS NUMBER" text.

I would then omit the TL (Top Left), TR, (Top Right), LL (Lower Left) and LR (Lower Right) nomenclature shown in the attached NW Vault 2.dwg and keep the same naming convention you utilized in the file you posted as its positioning would rotate anyway.

Message 4 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: mattkulik

Check out the revised one attached.  I removed the Angle 2 from the table and turned its grip back on so it can be rotated separately.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 5
mattkulik
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thank you so much! I'm going to try to figure out how you did this. I'm still fairly new to dynamic blocks. 

Do you have any good suggestions for videos to watch to learn how to better accomplish more advanced iterations of dynamic blocks such as this one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta