adjust distance between columns in dynamic array

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
M_H_G_M_G
1944 Views, 12 Replies

adjust distance between columns in dynamic array

Hi everybody..
i make a dynamic block and i make dynamic array ... i want to adjust distance between columns because it variable in each block .
how can i do that ever with lisp or any way 
thanks in advance 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Libbya
in reply to: M_H_G_M_G

You can use an array object and then use formulae in the properties of the array object combined with constraints.  

Message 3 of 13
M_H_G_M_G

Excuse me sir
Can you tell me more details to understand your idea?
Message 4 of 13
Libbya

I gave details in your other threads.  

Message 5 of 13
M_H_G_M_G
in reply to: Libbya

thanks sir ...
you help me a lot....
Message 6 of 13
fercbaLQF6F

Hi! @M_H_G_M_G thank you for your video. I did the same dynamic block but i have a problem. I need to have a minimum and maximum distance between 0,60 and 0,40 meters to create my wall sistem (wood framing).The distance will depend on my project. So the thing is that i need to create a block capable of adjusting to the size of the wall and establish automatically the distance dividing it without the need of making a manual calculation of which i will have between columns. Hope this is clear. My parameter is to get columns that have a equal distance between 0,4 and 0,6 in a strech.

Message 7 of 13
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: fercbaLQF6F

@fercbaLQF6F wrote:

... i need to create a block capable of adjusting to the size of the wall and establish automatically the distance dividing it ... that have a equal distance between 0,4 and 0,6 

That is so (0,4 <= distance <= 0,6) not possible. 

You should decide it you want either a minimum distance of 0,4 OR a maximum distance of 0,6.   

Attached an example (of course with other dimensions) how that can be done. 

If you need a more detailed help post your block please. 

BTW: 

@fercbaLQF6F wrote:

Hi! @M_H_G_M_G thank you for your video. 

The author of the video was @Libbya   😉

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
muhammad_bisma71

Thanks for your tutorial.. but i want to ask something, how i can resize the object in this array with some parameter in dynamic block? So it will be automaticly change (size) because the size of the object is one of variable to change in dynamic block.
Thanks.
Message 9 of 13
muhammad_bisma71

Thanks for your tutorial.. but i want to ask something, how i can resize the object in this array with some parameter in dynamic block? So it will be automaticly change (size) because the size of the object is one of variable to change in dynamic block.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 13

It is not possible to change dynamically the dimensions of the source object(s) of an array in dynamic blocks.

In some rare (and simple) cases you can use cheating work arounds to get the whishes result. But before offering such solutions we must know the current task - what geometry is given and what do you want to achieve. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 13

You can't dynamically change the sizing of the objects being arrayed.

You can however have multiple arrays and then use a visibility state to choose the one you want.

You could also have the object being arrayed as a block and then redefine that block as needed.

Or even some combination of the two above.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 12 of 13

Thanks for the answer

Message 13 of 13

Thanks for the answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost