Did you mean: 

adding labels to drawing corresponding to dynamic block type/size

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ross_S1
136 Views, 2 Replies

adding labels to drawing corresponding to dynamic block type/size

I have a project with hundreds of dynamic blocks of large woody debris (logs). The logs are different sizes. I'd like to be able to apply the length and possibly diameter of each log as text to the drawing, in a simple way. Ultimately the text would be aligned with each log (but I'm open to it not being aligned). I am not very familiar with dynamic blocks. I imagine this would take a fair amount of work to extract the information that I am after, so I don't anticipate an easy solution to this.

I thank you in advance for your help and input on this.

An extract of the file is attached as well as a file showing what I'm looking for.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MMcCall402
in reply to: Ross_S1

This isn't too hard to implement.  Add an attribute to the block with a default value that uses a couple Fields to collect the name of the visibility state and the length of the linear parameter for the length.  Make the attribute visible for all visibility states and include it in the selection sets for the flip and rotate actions.  Add a move action to the length parameter, select the attribute, and in the properties for the move set its multiplier to 0.5.  (this will keep the attribute centered as the log gets longer)   Run ATTSYNC on the inserted blocks to re-sync them with the modified block definition and you should be good.

MMcCall402_0-1717532161307.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 3
Ross_S1
in reply to: Ross_S1

Thank you much Mark.

This will take me some digesting, particularly due to my lack of experience, but it looks like what I am after. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost