Did you mean: 

title block issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
contact_engrfaiz
435 Views, 7 Replies

title block issue

When I add elements to the title block, glitches occur, causing lines to disappear when changing the visibility and coming back to same visibilty state.. I want to modify the title block, but I am encountering this issue. seems like some kind of annotation scale issue.
for example, I want to add a few rectangles and circles in this block. when I add inside block editor. it shows in editor only. and does not show in model space. I even tried inserting the new block again. but same issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: contact_engrfaiz

Can you give some details on what specifically isn't showing as it should?  Being unfamiliar with your block it would take a ridiculous amount of time to find out on my own.  

Some guesses of what might be the issue:

-every attribute MUST have a unique tag

-attributes will not work correctly with dynamic parameters/actions unless their property Lock position = Yes

-after editing an attribute definition or adding an attribute, the command ATTSYNC must be run in model space for those changes to show for existing insertions

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 8
contact_engrfaiz
in reply to: Libbya

If you draw a circle inside block at any visibility.  And save the block. Now insert the block. Circle shows upon insertion in first visibility state. And then if you change visibility it disappears. And never shows again. 

Message 4 of 8
hwalker

@contact_engrfaiz Which elements are you talking about which disappear? And have you explored the usage of the icons ringed in the image below?

hwalker_0-1717516670262.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
contact_engrfaiz
in reply to: hwalker

I want to add one more box with border and text. But it's not possible. It
disappears in model space. But shows inside block editor.
Message 6 of 8
Libbya

I experimented more with your block and indeed it has something strange going on.  It appears to me to be a glitch that I have not experienced before.  In your situation, I would remake the block using a new file and just copying in the linework and rebuilding the visibility states and other dynamic parameters.  I'm not sure what else to suggest.  

Message 7 of 8
contact_engrfaiz

Thank you for understanding the issue. I share the same thoughts.
Message 8 of 8
contact_engrfaiz

Thank you for understanding the issue. I share the same thoughts.
I am not good with annotation settings. This block is annotative, so I believe something strange is with the annotation settings here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report