Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 to 2018 Annotative Blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
emueller
285 Views, 2 Replies

2017 to 2018 Annotative Blocks

2017 files with certain annotative blocks, do now show up properly when opened in 2018.

If the block is moved slightly, it will show up correctly for the remaining session, sometimes.

However, even after the file is saved and reopened, the blocks show up incorrectly again, and must be changed.

Any updates or ideas why this happens, or how to fix it?

Thanks,

block incorrect.JPGblocks correct.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: emueller

The problem, from what I can see is the text within the block is not using an annotative style, whereas the attributes are. so the attributes scale nicely but not the text part, changing the text style inside the block editor to be annotative worked here (followed by attsync), but I have to be honest I dislike anything annotative and don't use it myself so I have no idea why this wouldn't have been a problem in earlier versions

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: emueller

Your blocks are made with a mix of annotative and non-annotative text objects, someone was not paying attention of the file you inserted your blocks into already had this text style defined as non-annotative. I spotted this one style for an example: the fix needs to be a block redo

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta