Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000s options callout block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thomasPure
335 Views, 3 Replies

1000s options callout block

I need to create a callout leader to direct viewers to a specific page within my standard details package.
The details are split out as follows.
Market - 5 options
Sub market - 5 options within each market
Format - 6 options
Cat - 2 options
Doc - 99 options in each Cat

I want to create a easily modifyable block in autocad that the draftsman can copy across the drawing and change the option as required to breakdown the options to callout the required detail page

Visibilities arent practical as there would be hundreds of options. I have looked into double visibilities via attributes, but I can quite get the hang of it, not sure if its the right way about it.

Does anybody have any ideas how I could model this?
Below is a snippet from the possible options, but there are thousands of potential options. (Left column)
I have created a applet tool just to be able to name the correct detail page, but I now need to be able to callout these details when required on the drawings.

GPVSBF-00-PG-XX-GFEL-A-080101-S00Entrance Lobby (VSBF)
GPSXBF-00-PG-XX-GFEL-A-080102-S00Entrance Lobby (SBF)
GPGENX-00-PG-XX-GFEL-A-080100-S00Entrance Lobby (MBF & LBF)
CHGENX-00-PG-XX-GFEL-A-080100-S00Entrance Lobby (MBF & LBF) (CH)
DKGENX-00-PG-XX-GFEL-A-080100-S00Entrance Lobby (MBF & LBF) (DK)

Thanks so much 

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_s_walker
in reply to: thomasPure

Sounds like a block properties table is going to be helpful

Also with a block properties table you can sort all your details out in excel and then copy and paste the excel cells into the block properties table

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
thomasPure
in reply to: h_s_walker

Thanks for the hint. 
Ive attached a testing block, where I have started to input into the table.
Ideally, I would like the user to be able to make a selection from Col1, then Col2, then Col3 etc, and the combination of selections would return the correct visibility state with the appropriate Detail listed on it.

Am I on the right tracks with this? what is the next step? Or can you link me to a tutorial that would help?
Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
h_s_walker
in reply to: thomasPure

@thomasPure Swap the two columns (marked in the first image below) around and you will get a better list as shown in the second image below.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report