DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volo view questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
279 Views, 1 Reply

volo view questions

I am considering the purchase of volo view. I currently have volo view express. There are two function I want to make sure volo view 3 can do before purchase.

1. volo view express does not give 11X17 as an option when you print. If you set it up as a custom paper size it wants to print 11X17 as 4 panes on 8.5X11 paper. I need the 11X17 option.

2. dwg files printed with volo view express seem to lose their subtle differences in light or dark tones. Everything is the same shade. I need it to print exactly like the dwg is produced in AutoCAD. Is this just a volo view express lack of capability? Will this not be a problem in Volo View 3?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Volo View comes with a plot module that is a copy of AutoCAD OEM. Think of it as an AutoCAD that accepts one command - plot. You can use this module (VPLT.EXE) to make Volo View plot just like AutoCAD. You can do pen overloading and all that other fun stuff, so you can mitigate the subtle differences you see now with the "print" capability. "Plot" is much more powerful. Measurement and plotting have been a differentiator between Volo View Express and Volo View since the onset of the product line. "terra-comcadop" wrote in message news:17391666.1085065377734.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am considering the purchase of volo view. I currently have volo view express. There are two function I want to make sure volo view 3 can do before purchase. > > 1. volo view express does not give 11X17 as an option when you print. If you set it up as a custom paper size it wants to print 11X17 as 4 panes on 8.5X11 paper. I need the 11X17 option. > > 2. dwg files printed with volo view express seem to lose their subtle differences in light or dark tones. Everything is the same shade. I need it to print exactly like the dwg is produced in AutoCAD. Is this just a volo view express lack of capability? Will this not be a problem in Volo View 3?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report