Community
DWF
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report (with fix): DWFToolKit 7.7, 64-bit Linux -- some text is not read.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
624 Views, 5 Replies

Bug report (with fix): DWFToolKit 7.7, 64-bit Linux -- some text is not read.

Hello!  I have been updating an tool (based on the DWFStrings sample program) from DWFToolKit 7.6 to 7.7, and discovered that on 64-bit Linux builds, for some of the test files it was dropping strings from the output.  I believe the failing test files are taken directly from the DWFStrings sample program, so you should be easily able to replicate the problem.

I traced the problem down to a change in dwf/whiptk/typedefs_defines.h, which changes this line:

typedef int32_t WT_Integer32;

to

typedef long WT_Integer32;

This change is erroneous on the face of it; on 64-bit Linux, a long is a 64-bit integer, not a 32-bit integer.  The same error is of course repeated with WT_Unsigned_Integer32 -- and, in fact, both of these errors lead to misread files, in different cases.

I have not tracked down the exact mechanism by which these files cause things to be misread, but I have confirmed that changing "long" to "int" in the following lines will fix the problem.  This is almost certainly the correct fix if for some reason you don't want to rely on int32_t and the related names that are intended for cases like this where you actually do need a specific bit width.

dwf/whiptk/color.cpp, line 46

dwf/whiptk/ellipse.cpp, lines 230 and 232

dwf/whiptk/transform.h, lines 35 and 84

dwf/whiptk/typedefs_defines.h, lines 34 and 42

Hopefully we will see this bug fixed in version 7.8.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, minor error in my note of a fix.  In dwf/whiptk/ellipse.cpp, lines 230 and 232, the fix is that that "start" and "end" still need to be cast to WT_Integer32, as they were in version 7.6.  The casts were removed in 7.7, but they need to be re-added to avoid a compile error once the other fixes are made.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

And two more missing files from that list.  You'll also need to change "long" to "int" on:

dwf/whiptk/plotinfo.h, lines 62, 120, and 122

dwf/whiptk/usrhatchpat.cpp, line 21 (and note that the macro names here are erroneous, too....)

Message 4 of 6

Thank you very much for solving my problem

Message 5 of 6
zakixxn

my autocad is not oppend 

Message 6 of 6
zakixxn

i dont now why

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report