Data Exchange Community
Welcome to the community conversation around interoperability workflows enabled by Autodesk Data Exchange Connectors, SDKs, and APIs. What are Data Exchanges? Instead of sharing a file, share a subset of geometry and properties from your model for use in other apps!

Learn more on our landing page.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino Connector for Data Exchange Not Working

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cristian_rodriguezPDSCG
367 Views, 5 Replies

Rhino Connector for Data Exchange Not Working

I try to activate the plugin, but a web window opens that says "Please return to the app". It doesn't open any pop-up windows, or anything that allows you to create or load data exchange, so I deduce that it doesn't work properly.

Thank you in advance for your attendance

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for posting - real quick feedback, and then let me know if I'm off-base...

1. When you see the web browser pop up - that is just 'authenticating' your log in to 'connect' you to Docs
  2. You should go back to Rhino app, and look for the Data Exchange plug-in, and the UI should be ready
  3. The DX plug-in UI might be 'behind' the Rhino app, or there may be a conflict w other plug-ins preventing the UI

Sorry if I mis-interpreted your issue - can you confirm what you see at step 3? 

Message 3 of 6

Good morning, Tobias.

Sorry for taking too long to reply. I understand how the process has to be, but the problem is that the Data Exchange pop-up doesn't open in Rhino, there's no window behind it or anything like that.

It works well for my colleagues, but it's true that they have Windows 10, and I have Windows 11.

Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Thank you in advance,

best regards

Message 4 of 6

Good morning, Tobias.

Sorry for taking too long to reply. I understand how the process has to be, but the problem is that the Data Exchange pop-up doesn't open in Rhino, there's no window behind it or anything like that.

It works well for my colleagues, but it's true that they have Windows 10, and I have Windows 11.

Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Thank you in advance,

best regards

Message 5 of 6

Hello @cristian_rodriguezPDSCG,

windows 11 should not be a problem, I myself ran Rhino Connector on my Windows 11 machine. Let's try to figure out the casue.

1. Please share the log file from the location - C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Rhino-Connector\logs
  2. Please share the logs from the Rhino Command window
  3. Please share the list of other third party plugins installed. You can find the list of plugins from Help > Rhino System Information. Also, what plugins do your colleague have? 

Message 6 of 6

Good morning, thanks for the quick response. In the end we managed to fix it, reinstalling the plugin in the traditional way, and overwriting the previous one. With this, the plugin appears, so I think it will work correctly. All the best

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report