Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
dbpro457
431 Views, 7 Replies

Hello

I am Mathew, I  have been in the field of graphic design and multimedia for the last 15 years. However, I had always a passion for 3d modelling and animation.  Recently some of my students asked me which 3d software  I would propose for them to learn. It was difficult for me to answer but all the same I told them to begin with Maya or Max. Though I had done a course way back in 2010 I had practically forgotten everything. But now I would like to begin all over again to teach my students these software.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leowarren34
in reply to: dbpro457

Hi @dbpro457,

Welcome to the community forums,

Feel free to ask any questions you may have either here in the relevant product forums,

If your students are old enough (you are also welcome), Autodesk also runs the Ambassador Hub which is the education hub where other students are about to collaborate with: http://autode.sk/ambassadorhub 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 8
lynn_zhang

Hello @dbpro457 , Happy New Year! Welcome to Autodesk Community!

(And thanks @leowarren34 for the nice message here, again you beat us it to!)

My name is Lynn and I'm a Community Manager here for our Media & Entertainment industry. I look after the product forums including 3ds Max and Maya, as well as our Industry Community where you can find lots of helpful resources. 

Great to hear about your passion for 3d modelling and animation, and that you'd like to pass along the knowledge to your students. To make sure you have a great experience in the Community, check out this quick 1-2-3 getting started guide and the FAQ’s for everything you need to know about the Community forums.

Apart from posting in the product forums, I encourage you to start industry-related conversations in the Media & Entertainment Artists Lounge and connect with your peers! You can also join our LinkedIn group to find job postings from the Media & Entertainment industry.

Have fun and feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 🙂

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 8
dbpro457
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi

Thankyou very much for welcoming to Autodesk community. I take it as a
great privilege to be here and learn as many things as possible to make our
world more creative.

We have 25 students doing graphic design and we intend to begin a course in
modelling and animation some time in the month of June onwards. Meanwhile,
I am trying to update myself for this event.

Mathew
Message 5 of 8
lynn_zhang

The pleasure is ours! We're so happy to have you here in the Community, learning and sharing as much as you can! Be sure to check out our AREA site for all the latest updates, blogs and gallery in the 3D world: https://area.autodesk.com/

Teaching is a very honorable job. Thanks for leading this journey with your students! 

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 8
Thomas_Savage

Hello @dbpro457 

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy the forum, and get all the answers you are looking for.

Thomas

Thomas Savage

Design Engineer

Message 7 of 8
dbpro457
in reply to: Thomas_Savage

Yes, whenever I have a doubt to clarify I go through the forum and I get
the right solution to my problems. Thankyou.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hello everyone, I am also new to the forum. Thanks for sharing your graphics designing and multimedia skills. I hope I get the chance to learn new skills. It would be a good experience. Regards: @larry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report