Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim or Extend to all C3D objects

Trim or Extend to all C3D objects

It's very simple.

When I use the TRIM or EXTEND command, I want to be able to use any object as a boundary.

That includes profiles, profile views, pipes, surfaces, sections, section views etc. and all their labels.

I'm sick of tracing over things just to be able to use it as a cutting edge or boundary edge.

7 Comments
BlackBox_
Advisor

This -  a thousand times over.

joantopo
Mentor

And referred with this, object osnap with corridor feature lines (without extract them).

Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is a great idea, but the timing isn’t quite right for development consideration in the near term. As such, it is being put on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date. Please continue to comment and add your support.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, three years later, is this still "on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date"?

joantopo
Mentor

@Anonymous  they spent the money in Las Vegas, not for programming... 😉

gherrmanRQ549
Advocate

Here's a tedious work-around for using TIN surfaces for trimming. An "easy" improvement Autodesk could make an existing commands would be to allow the "SLICE" command to use objects other than 3D solids (e.g. polylines/3D polylines/feature lines) as the object to slice.

gherrmanRQ549
Advocate

"SURFTRIM" allows surfaces to trim other surfaces. It would be nice if this functionality 1) extended to TIN surfaces and 2) was used as the basis of another command that allowed surfaces to trim polylines/3D polylines/feature lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report