Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d LT

Civil 3d LT

I think it would be very helpful to the surveyors if you make a Civil 3D Lt that is an updated version of Land Development Desktop that Surveyors could use without all the extras included in Civil 3D

3 Comments
rkmcswain
Mentor

I'm guessing they are not thinking in this direction. They had a program called "Civil" a while back that was sort of a stripped down version of Civil 3D and it didn't survive.

Even if they did make a Civil 3D LT, it would not be based on Land Desktop.

ChrisRS
Mentor

I think a Survey or LT product makes  sense. Civil3D  is overkill for most surveyors. and way to expensive. I am a one-man Civil shop   All the small Architects, designers, and  surveyors that I deal with have me save back to 2000 or 2004. There is an untapped market for AutoDesk.

rkmcswain
Mentor

It may make sense for you and a few others, but it obviously doesn't make business sense for Autodesk.

They are heavily invested in cloud technologies and stripping down an existing standalone program to sell a few copies is not in their best interests.

Have you considered Carlson, MicroSurvey or one of the other independents who concentrate on the needs of Surveyors?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report