Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap Multiple Parts

Swap Multiple Parts

Hello Everyone,

I would like to have a feature that could swap multiple parts out of the box in Civil 3D, this can be done with a $300 application available in the store. So why not directly in C3D.

Swaping parts 1 by 1 in the complete model takes ages and while working on projects these changes come every now and then and eventually delivery suffers.

I would really appreciate if the developers can help us out in the next update.

Regards,

Jatin 

22 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature is much required.

alessandro.gardani
Contributor

I confirm, my colleagues are struggling with this issue.

Swap part one-to-one is not efficient.

Please evaluate this implementation!!!

thanks

neyton_
Advocate
Anonymous
Not applicable

We really need something out of the box . Tired of the 300$  app and ur suggesing a 700$ one . 

troma
Mentor
Anonymous
Not applicable

@troma

Accepted 2 years ago, still no sign of inclusion,

What a pity.!

manthesh_m
Participant

This feature will minimize our project time.

troma
Mentor
Looks like that version got mixed up with ideas for pressure pipes somehow.
All the more reason to post it again and vote for it again.

M_c3d
Advisor

I asked Tim Yarris about this recently and he advised whilst it is on their development list, it is not presently being worked on and their is no time frame for doing it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_c3d if everyone is aware of the problem and the solution is possible.. What is the point of delaying it??

M_c3d
Advisor

@Anonymouscompletely agree!

dgorsman
Consultant

The estimated work likely exceeds what they have currently available given other development work.  More detailed work won't start until they have the required resources available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgorsman how difficult it is for an organization like autodesk to get resources?

or they could simply pull in the plugin which is already available in the store or the person who created it.

Jeff_M
Consultant

@Anonymous, I understand not wanting to spend $300 or even $700 extra. However, consider the fact that you've spent plenty of billable hours making the single part swaps, as well as more time looking for a solution, and then complaining about the extra cost. If you'd have invested in a 3rd party solution think of how much time & $ you would have saved by now.

There is another 3rd party solution available (and has been for ~8 years now) that could be had for as little as $175...which also includes many other helpful tools, therefor probably paying for itself in the first few days of use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff_M see i work with an Autodesk Partner and  i do a lot of pre and post sale work. The clients do not buy this phrase anymore. 

My only concern is if a programmer can single handedly build an add-on, why can't an Organization like Autodesk fails to so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VTC_Solutions

Thanks! I appreciate the support but we really this out of the box!

Regards,

Jatin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jatin,

Are you still facing the same issue for swapping multiple parts at once. Please go through this link and you can code in VBA and develop your own tool.

kmeyerAMQ35
Explorer

You can now at least swap multiple pipes at once using the AGN tool (https://youtu.be/EJgjW4nHzTc)

TimYarris
Autodesk

Hi everyone,

This week, we released Project Explorer for Civil 3D, which contains a variety of tools to make navigating and editing a Civil 3D drawing more efficient. One of the many productivity tools included in Project Explorer is the ability to swap multiple pipe network parts.

Watch this video (at approximately 2:20) to see how to swap parts using Project Explorer.

Note swapping multiple pressure network parts has been available since Civil 3D 2017 v1 Enhancements (which was subsequently rolled into Civil 3D 2018).

Thank you for providing details about this idea!

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report