Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Analysis with Hatches

Surface Analysis with Hatches

We do a lot of hatching for seeding and blanketed areas. Typically we go through and trace ontop of a (Analysis) of the surface to create the hatches. Problem we have is each time the surface is updated we have to go back and re-hatch or edit the hatch to match the slope analysis. Could there be away we the user could choose a hatch function in the Definition Analysis tab. So the user could still do the normal shaded slope analysis but the option to use a hatch could be there. I think by adding something like that, it will save the users doing Stormwater Pollution Type Plans ALOT of time.

5 Comments
doni49
Mentor

It sounds like a decent idea. 

I even have an idea of how they could accomplish it.  Let the user extract user contours and/or specific shapes created by the surface analysis and MAINTAIN A DYNAMIC LINK so that the object(s) update when the surface changes.  Then allow that element to be used as an associative boundary for the hatch object.

Another possibility:  a lot of these slope analysis options allow you to use a fill color to represent the analysis.  All the user to show a hatch pattern instead of (or even in addition to) the fill color.

fcernst
Mentor

You can choose to use a 2D hatch for Slope to save you the tracing. It's in in the Edit Surface style, not Definition Analysis.

RCBmstg007
Advocate

Well, I did try it to do what you were saying. And then I took it one step further and exploded the surface and all the slopes are (solids).

Now, I did stumble onto something. If you were to use the surface display of Watershed / then Analysis of the surface; in that dialogue Box you can select 2D Hatches.

fcernst
Mentor

No, it's a solid hatch.

I would extract them and not explode..

RCBmstg007
Advocate

I wish i could reproduce how you did it, but with 2015 version it is just a solid. I can not perform a hatch edit on it. Plus the solids are all triangles. I had to explode the surface twice to get that result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report