Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped Hide Objects Command

Stepped Hide Objects Command

Many times I have found myself using hide objects for hatches, labels, or xref's, then while I'm making my plan changes, I need to quickly hide and then unhide a single object to more easily complete my task. Currently, this means that to unhide that object, I must now unhide All my hidden objects, and then hide the previously hidden objects again.

It would be great if there were a way to have some sort of "channels" for "hide objects" for example:

hideobjects>"Choose channel, 1,2,3,4...">1

(Selected objects are then available to be unhidden by selecting the channel number set when hidden.)

2 Comments
doni49
Mentor

I've experienced the same issue.  The way I'd like to see this resolved would be to use something similar to the way Visibility states work in the Dynamic Block editor.

There is a toggle to show ALL elements regardless of which VS they're in.  If something is in a VS that is not active, that item is "screened back".  The same could be applied here:  toggle the hidemode and anything that is marked as hidden will be shown screened back.  I can see and interact with all the "hidden" items -- I can select one (or more) of the hidden items and unhide it (them).

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report