cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split and Marge Corridors

Split and Marge Corridors

Split a single corridor into multiple corridors:

- by base line, each baseline will produce a separate corridor

- by Point, project point on all corridor baseline and split each baseline in two (upstream and downstream). Marge the separate baseline into two corridors (upstream and downstream)

Marge selected corridors:

- simple: combine all baseline into a single corridor.

- complex: combine all baseline that have the same Horizontal and Vertical object, solve overlaps (for example, ask which corridor takes precedence) and than combine all resulting baseline into a single corridor

P.S. Maybe make a tool to manage corridors baselines and targets.

13 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES to a management tool or dialogue box.

neyton_
Advocate
ecfernandez
Advisor

It would be awesome to have an option to merge different corridors into just one. Sometimes, during our design process, we made decisions while organizing things and putting all together, but after a time, we may want to change some things. Why did I decide to do these two corridors and not just one? I realized that one month ago while designing an apron for an airport. Then I thought that this could be useful, even if the tool has some restrictions. My regards!

f_furger
Advocate

@ecfernandez I think this is a great idea! The opposite way would be desirable too. Splitting a corridor into two without ruining the whole project (strg.+C / strg.+V) 🤐.

ecfernandez
Advisor

@f_furger Thanks for your comments, and, by the way, your idea is fantastic. That would be pretty useful when modeling huge corridor models. You should look into the ideas forum, and if it is not posted yet, post it as a single one, and of course, let me know to vote for it. My regards, and have a great day!

f_furger
Advocate

@ecfernandezI think with this contribution all our wishes are covered 😊https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/split-and-marge-corridors/idi-p/7886802 

Thanks for your feedback and kind regards from switzerland!

f_furger
Advocate

This article is even more extensive than the following (please vote for it anyway): https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/merge-different-corridors-into-one-single-corridor/idc... 

f_furger
Advocate

@ecfernandez and me also support this idea!

ecfernandez
Advisor

Hi guys, very interesting your posts. Merging corridors idea is a desirable and possible enhancement we want for civil 3d. Add-ins are a very good solution, but this space is oriented to those things we believe the program (Civil 3D) should have in future releases. By the time I posted my idea I wasn't able to find this one that was posted a long time ago. Regardless of we both @f_furger and I realized that we support this idea in another post, I invite you to vote for both of them in order to catch the attention of Autodesk developers by gathering more votes for the same idea. It would be awesome we can have this functionality in future releases. My regards!

ecfernandez
Advisor

Hi @f_furger it's been a long time since I visited this area of the forum the last time. Even though this reply is terribly delayed, I want to thank you for your kind and useful answer. I'll check the info that you shared on that link.

Best regards!

Have a great day 

MagnoVedovatto
Enthusiast

This is definitely a need for Civil 3D. It gets confusing and messy to have multiple corridors, and I like my projects as clean and smooth as possible. Having too much parts to worry about is literally wasting time.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

ecfernandez
Advisor

Thank you @TimYarris

Good to know that Autodesk considers our ideas. Best regards! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report