Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small possible label style improvement for big result

small possible label style improvement for big result

Salut!

It might be possible to add the ability to add arc for the labeling style. In my case, if I could create an arc for the labeling alignment curve, it might solve some of the client's visual expectations and add more "flexibility" to the labeling tool.

Il pourrait être possible d’ajouter la possibilité d’ajouter de l’arc pour le style d’étiquetage. Dans mon cas, si je pouvais créer un arc pour la courbe d’alignement de l’étiquetage, cela pourrait résoudre certaines attentes visuelles du client et ajouter plus de « flexibilité » à l’outil d’étiquetage.

Merci

moderator note: English translation added

7 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello @s.terroitin . Would you please clarify whether it is a label style component (similar to the Line component type) you have requested? It would be very helpful if you would please include a sample image of what you would like to accomplish.

TimYarris_0-1638549024691.png

s.terroitin
Contributor

Hi @TimYarris,

This is exactly what I was talking about, I send an attachment to this post for better understanding of what I need to accomplish.Labels_arc.png

TimYarris
Autodesk

@s.terroitin in current versions of Civil 3D, most of this can be accomplished (see below). What is not possible is having the top portion of the label style match the geometry of the source curve. 

TimYarris_0-1638800735087.png

s.terroitin
Contributor

@TimYarris From what I see you have a straight line under your text ? Right? What if I have a large angle (see my screenshot)

Labels_arc_02.png

TimYarris
Autodesk

@s.terroitin , no argument there. I was simply experimenting with the currently available components to see what was possible. I agree that what exists is not enough to get the result you're after.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

s.terroitin
Contributor

Thanks@TimYarris ,

It always looks like small things for us but we all know thqt under the hood it' not the same to implement something in huge solution like C3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report