Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shifting text in plan view

shifting text in plan view

Can some one really tell me (i do mean doctoraial thesis explain) why text shifts in profile views? i have attached a model space and paper space image of the the same profile, and WHY is going on with the text shifiting?

5 Comments
doni49
Mentor

You'll get better responses by posting this in the C3D forum.  This area is meant specifically for submitting feature requests for future versions of C3D.

EDIT:  I meant to include a link to the forum.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/bd-p/66

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
and thank you for the response

I personally think this problem NEEDS to be addressed in future versions of C3D.

Or at least put in a patch the corrects the problem.
Sorry that you do not see the problem.

C13

Charles A. Hall, E.I.T.
Civil Designer
CARLSON, BRIGANCE, & DOERING INC.
CIVIL ENGINEERING & LAND SURVEYING
5501 WEST WILLIAM CANNON DRIVE
AUSTIN, TX 78749
PH: 512-280-5160 X123
FAX: 512-280-5165
doni49
Mentor

The big difference I see between your two images is the text SIZE is different between them.  And the size difference could cause them to appear to be "shifted" as you say.

That is not a bug -- that's an operator that doesn't understand the program.  Post the problem in the discussion forum and someone will help you understand what's going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please look, and I do mean look at the two images
Yes, the text size is different
And shifted to the left in the one image.
Next time I will clip my images to just the area of interest - the entire plan view in paper space and the exact same area in model space

This IS a program problem !
Please check the text and images again.
Thank you

Charles A. Hall, E.I.T.
Civil Designer
CARLSON, BRIGANCE, & DOERING INC.
CIVIL ENGINEERING & LAND SURVEYING
5501 WEST WILLIAM CANNON DRIVE
AUSTIN, TX 78749
PH: 512-280-5160 X123
FAX: 512-280-5165
doni49
Mentor

Ok.  I finally see what you're talking about (and yes cropping the image and/or somehow annotating it would have been very helpful).

I'm still not totally sure there's not something going on in the file itself and would like to look at it which will require posting in the forums.

ShiftingTxtMS2.pngShiftingTxtPS.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report