Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reselect last selected objects

Reselect last selected objects

Often times I select a group of objects such as plines, hatching and accidentally press ESC before I finish selecting everything. Or when I select certain cogo points and then use the Elevations From Surface command, and once the command is complete, the cogo points become unselected again; so I would have to reselect those points again if say I wanted to project them to a section view.

Regardless what objects I am selected I think it would be beneficial to create the command RESELECT that when typed in would automatically select the last object or group of objects that was selected. This would be very helpful and the drawing cache would only need to store the memory of the last selected objects, once a new group of objects was selected the previous cache could be wiped and replaced with the most recent selection. 

5 Comments
jacob.dwyer
Advocate

I believe there is already a solution to this. If you start the SELECT command and hit P for previous, it will select the last group of things that were selected.

darrell.kennedy
Advocate

Who would've thought! They trick you when the don't show the options after the command is entered into the command bar. Sort of like using F for fenceline when deleting lines from a surface... the command doesn't show F as an option but if you enter it then you are able to delete the multiple lines without selecting them.

Thank you, you are a God send!

jacob.dwyer
Advocate

Happy to help!

_Hathaway
Collaborator

There are a ton of selection options that many users are unaware of.  They need to make them more prominent.

m_nobleZ6KKY

ctrl+shift+L

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report