Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Civil 3D Roadmap

Public Civil 3D Roadmap

I just came across this for Revit, and was quite impressed.

Any chance the Civil 3D team could be permitted to do a public share like this?

Here's one example of stuff the Revit team are working on.

revit roadmap example.png

6 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

I absolutely agree. Accepted ideas are not enough to find out the intentions in the future development and improvement in Civil 3D.

dgorsman
Consultant

I somewhat agree.  Everyone has to be aware of one of the lead statements about this not being a promise to include specific things, just an indication of where they want to go at the moment.

For the moment, I think its best to leave it as is and see how it does for a while longer before emulating with other products.  It could still turn out badly, when some inevitably don't find their pet improvements added to the next release, or put off to some future development.

Cadguru42
Advisor

Even InfraWorks has this. I just don't understand why Autodesk feels that C3D does not need to show this. Probably because InfraWorks will be the C3D replacement tool in the future and they don't want to scare customers away for now.

joantopo
Mentor

Recently, I take part in Civil 3D futures (beta), so you can see a little bit of the intentions.

I recommend you signing up in this platform:

https://beta.autodesk.com/oid/login.html?msg=&ref=

Hi, 
Is there a new roadmap? This is the most recent I can find on google. 
More specifically I am interested in the development of pressure pipes. 
Many thanks,

Ben

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Recently we posted the Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Public Roadmap, which gives insight about functionality that is under consideration for future releases of Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Products. If you sign up for a free Trello account, you'll be able to vote on the enhancements that are most important to to you.

https://trello.com/b/tafIRGcN/autodesk-civil-infrastructure-product-roadmap

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report