Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project an Externally Referenced Civil 3D Featurlines and CoGo Points to Profile View

Project an Externally Referenced Civil 3D Featurlines and CoGo Points to Profile View

Could Autodesk please add the ability to project externally referenced Civil 3D Featurelines to profile views?

For large Civil infrastructure projects, I would like to process topographic survey via the survey database into a single XREF file, which we refer to as the 'Existing Base' file.

The problem with externally referencing an exiting survey is that you lose the functionality of being able to project existing featurlines into the profile view. I haven't tested it, but do we also lose the ability to target those featurelines via corridor targets? 

Projecting existing topographic featurelines, cogo points, etc, from externally referenced survey would be such great value to the current Civil design workflow. It would save us from having to duplicate data. All of the existing survey data could remain as the single source of truth within the one file.

3 Comments
gherrmanRQ549
Advocate

Good idea, but until this is implemented (if ever), you can use NCOPY to copy the feature lines you would like to project to your profile view from the XREFed drawing.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

ChrisRS
Mentor

@gherrmanRQ549, your suggestion is a partial workaround. It is not dynamic; changes to the source are not linked to the NCOPY version. I suppose making NCOPY objects dynamic to their sources would be one solution.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report