Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipes - Create From Feature Line Automatic/Dynamic

Pipes - Create From Feature Line Automatic/Dynamic

-When creating a pipe run from a feature line, have the option for the pipe run to use the elevations from the feature line for the pipe inverts... Add a drop across manhole setting (i.e. 0.2').

-Have the ability to dynamically link the pipe run to the feature line. The pipe run would update horizontally and vertically when the feature line is manipulated and edited.

-Have the option for Civil 3D to automatically create an Alignment and Profile when creating a pipe run from a feature line.

1 Comment
JamesMaeding
Advisor

I like trhis idea because it points to the fact that pipes are designed in "runs", not parts.

I would only say that there should be no difference in the underlying data between a road alignment, and pipe alignment.

My company wrote this exact tool, and users love it because they already know how to maintain an alignment, so having the pipe model follow it is just common sense...to designers.

Only thing with feature lines is they are a subset of a civil engineering alignment.

They force PVI's at horizontal angle points and BC/EC's, which is a very bad thing to do for civils who see a reach at one slope, and expect the other end of that reach to stick when an end is lifted. Instead, feature lines may have intermediate forced breaks that must be babysat.

Still, the thinking is in the right direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report