Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Data References

Parcel Data References

I have been waiting for this feature for a very long time and I am not sure why it hasn't made it to the light of day.  It would be great if you could Data Reference parcels.  So if I am creating a plan for a specific lot I could just DREF what I need and not the entire lotting.  This would make it far easier to stylize and deal with parcels than using the current xref approach to parcels.  I know you can label an xreferenced parcel but it just seems like this isn't the best approach in all situations.

6 Comments
ryanlaughlin
Advocate

This absolutely should be a data-referenceable object. Parcels are a powerful tool, but their usefulness is limited when you cannot data-reference the object in another drawing and label it there. For the same reason we typically like to limit the amount of labeling we do in base and design drawings, we don't want to label parcels in their "design" drawing but rather in a final production drawing they have been referenced. 

Please make this change! It's been way too long!

Eduardo.Soethe
Advisor

To be able to create shortcuts from parcels
parcels.png

Tags (1)
Elmoataz.Bellah.Salem
Collaborator

Fantastic

scott.buxton-gza
Community Visitor

Using parcels requires a different workflow than other Civil 3d features it would be nice if it was consistent.

Raymarcher
Enthusiast

Voted

jefflambert9091
Advisor

That would solve the issue of losing parcel labels through an xref. Another idea back in 2016. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/parcel-data-references/idi-p/6608130. I am hoping this may gain some new support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report