Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve AddSurfaceSlopeLabel.

Improve AddSurfaceSlopeLabel.

Ok.

If We select a surface, in the riboon we can select "AddSurfaceSlopeLabel" to add labels in the surface.

However, I don´t like the behaviour of this label, because the slope value will always be according to the direction from one picked point to second picked point.

In my case, I always show in these labels the negative slope (direction of the water), and the arrow in that direction.

Now, the direction of the arrow is according to the direction from one point to second point too.

I can´t change this behaviour in the label style.

a.jpg

Perhaps, it would be interesting a new label type, such as AddSurfaceSlopeNegativeLabel... independent of picking the first point and second point.

5 Comments
troma
Mentor

I'm not exactly sure what you'd like to see, but I suspect that it can be achieved with expressions.

joantopo
Mentor

well, I don´t believe that you can change the direction of the arrow (if you don´t change the location of the first and second vertex), and we can make expressions, but.. if I am not wrong, we can´t use conditionals such as:

"if grade>0 then grade=grade*(-1)", to get aways it in negative value.

troma
Mentor

Ok I haven't tried with a surface, but I use a block for my flow arrow on a featureline and I use this expression to set the rotation of the arrow:

IF({General Segment Grade}>0,pi,0)

Format=Direction

The text is the easy part; just set it to "drop sign" so negative and positive look the same. If you want the negative sign, add it in as a text in the text editor.

troma
Mentor

Try IF({Surface Slope}>0,pi,0)

Status changed to: Archived

Due to a low strategic fit, technical feasibility, or the support of your peers, ideas with this status are not being considered for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea has merit. We always encourage you to rework and resubmit these ideas based on feedback received.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Sr. Product Manager

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report