Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix docked properties window bug

Fix docked properties window bug

This is a new issue I am having after upgrading from 2015 to 2017.  When I hit ESC or SHIFT to deselect a feature line or any Civil 3D object, it seems I must click or pan within the drawing window before trying to type a command or use the mouse wheel to zoom.  Until you click within the drawing window or pan, the standard Windows cursor is present instead of the normal AutoCAD crosshairs & pickbox.  It is like it takes you out of the drawing window.  For example, if you don’t click into the drawing window before starting to type the next command, you start evoking the quick access keys, same as if you hit the ALT button, as shown below. 

2017 deselect civil 3d object.jpg

When hitting ESC after selecting normal objects like polylines, the normal AutoCAD crosshairs & pickbox are present and you can begin typing commands immediately as you always have.

We typically work with the Properties window docked.  When I close the Properties window this issue goes away entirely.  When the Properties window is floating or on auto-hide, there is a slight delay between the standard Windows cursor being shown (drawing window becomes inactive) and the time the AutoCAD crosshair & pickbox returns.

See further discussion in this forum: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/cancel-command-deselect-object-makes-drawing-w...

1 Comment
Kempostudent3
Advocate

I think this may be related to the same bug I ran into here (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/osnap-not-working-trying-to-copy-a-c3d-labels/...).

I agree that they should fix core program components like this quickly when they break them, but they haven't seemed too motivated in this case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report