Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter feature lines based on what site they're assigned to.

Filter feature lines based on what site they're assigned to.

I sometimes tempoarily move featurelines to an alternate site so that I can see what effect NOT having them might have on one or more of the other featurelines in a site.

I'd like the ability to filter the featurelines based on what site they're in -- this would make it easier to make sure all the appropriate FLs get back to the appropriate site.

4 Comments
TerryDotson
Mentor

First, I assume you are aware of Prospector, Site > FeatureLines, right click, select?

If you are not mixing FLs from different sites in your alternate (TEMP) site, it should be easy to move them back?

I'm not sure but it sounds like they are being mixed (pooled) together from different sites?

A backup/restore mechanism (code) could be developed that tags or remembers the original site of FLs so that even if they are pooled from different sites they could be restored later.  The approach would vary depending on whether they could be restored in the same session or needed to be restored at a later date.

doni49
Mentor

I need to turn off the featurelines of the "good site" so that I can graphically tell which ones are left to fix.  There were quite a few cases that once I saw what the featurelines did when I moved the others to the temp site, I deciced that I needed to modify the lines that are now in the temp site such that they will leave this FL as-is.  But I still needed the temp-site FLs to work at a good slope.  As I fix a FL, I move it back to the proper site.

But I got interupted when the boss called us in to a mtg and I lost track of where I was.  Yes the Propector suggestion does help.  But I'd much rather be able to filter them based on their site.

TerryDotson
Mentor

So would a layer featureline by site approach be best?  Then you could pool them and be able to QSELECT them later for moving back to sites.

doni49
Mentor
That would probably work well too (I think).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report