Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand All / Collapse All Buttons for Settings Tab in Prospector

Expand All / Collapse All Buttons for Settings Tab in Prospector

When editing a C3D Style, the "Summary" tab has two buttons that allow you to Expand All of the Summary Items:

Style Summary Expanded.JPG

Or to Collapse All of the items:

Style_Summary_Collapsed.jpg

It would be very helpful to have these same two button options available in the "Settings" Tab in Prospector.  This would facilitatate working with the dozens of Styles and Commands found there.  Perhaps they could be located on the top bar along with the View Orientation Toggle button:

Settings_Tab.jpg

7 Comments
saifumk8
Advocate

By pressing * key on keyboard it will expand everything, also can use - and + key to control. 

Saif

BIM-Infra.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, saifumk8.

While I'll agree that the * key is a functional workaround for expanding all, using the - and + keys, however, is no more advantageous than simply expanding and collapsing using the mouse.  I still think my idea has merit.

hfbrackett
Observer

I agree mhpaulson.... I grade a lot of C3D files and it would be great to expand everything in Prospector under a Site with one keystroke.... I have to expand, expand, expand, and on and on for each student submission in order to verify creation of alignments, profiles,  views, line groups, parcels, etc.... there has to be a quicker way to do this.  

Anyone out there, if there is an easier way to do this, can you please provide it?  I am not seeing how the * is working to expand all nested items.  Surely there is key to expand all that I am missing?

hfbrackett
Observer

Never mind my previous post.... I just found the answer!  CNTRL right arrow will expand it and CNTRL left arrow collapses it.  This is a real time-saver for me.

Many thanks to Civil 4D.com post on expanding and collapsing.  http://www.civil4d.com/2008/03/exapnd-and-collapse-all-in-toolspace/

mhp_montana
Explorer

Well done, hfbrackett!

After 6 years, someone finally comes through.

Not exactly what I suggested, but it works quite well.

Thanks!

PS:  I have a new username, but it's still me (mhpaulson).  🙂

hfbrackett
Observer

It definitely saving me time.... 😊

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Kudos to @hfbrackett for providing the answer to this one! 

Because this is a very old idea that has a resolution, I'm going to archive it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report