Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EditPointSurfaceElev command should throw a report message if COGO points are outside of the selected surface

EditPointSurfaceElev command should throw a report message if COGO points are outside of the selected surface

Hi.

Sometimes I want to update the elevations of a  COGO points from a surface but if the location of the point is outside of the selected surface obviously the elevation does not update. However, I think that I have updated elevations correctly because Civil 3D does not throw a messsage similar than : X points have not been updated. They are outside the selected surface...

Even we could get a list of the number point of each one.

Generally this happens wehn my COGO points are very close to the TIN surface but they are outside.

2 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

Maybe this command should have the same behaviour of edit elevations of a FL from a surface where appears red trianglea or green triangles on the vertex of the feature line to warn us before.

Maybe it could appear red triangles and red triangles on the COGO points.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report