Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine several subassemblies to be able to move them together without choosing them one by one in Civil 3D

Combine several subassemblies to be able to move them together without choosing them one by one in Civil 3D

If choosing one subassembly, subassemblies that follow after that one do not move with it but have to be selected one by one. It would be great facilitation for the designing process to have the option to combine several subassemblies with being able to move them together without choosing them one by one in Civil 3D.
5 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this idea. Note there are two ways you can do this today: 

• Select one Assembly, then right-click > Select Similar.
  • In Project Explorer:

TimYarris_0-1674831798473.png

SoaresASBCAD
Collaborator

very good

tulibsalim
Explorer

Great solution.    

k.nemcek
Participant

@TimYarristhat's not the solution.

I'll try to explain it another way:

1. I have an  assembly and would like to add a curb here, between the embankment and the bench.

knemcek_0-1676384910263.jpeg

2. Now I'll insert the curb.

knemcek_1-1676384910264.jpeg

3. If I now select a current subassembly and move it, the components that would follow do not move with it but I have to select everything and then move it.

However, when I move a component, I want the associated components that follow to be moved as well. Is there a setting for this or do I have to move each component individually?

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

I apologize for reading this one too quickly -- I missed the "sub" prefix and provided a solution for "assemblies". 

I'll change the status to Under Review so others can continue to vote on it. It is a great idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report