Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Styles Manager

Civil 3D Styles Manager

In Civil 3D it is difficult to get an overview of styles and their definitions. Each style needs to be opened separately and settings need to be made in various sub-menus.

The Idea is to have a style manager to quickly get an overview of all styles, to be able to (batch) edit them.

It should provide options to edit styles and settings quickly, instead of opening each style separately and editing it in many sub-dialogs.
-> For example, the possibility to view and edit names and descriptions of Civil 3D styles from a global window, like the project explorer.

It would also be nice to be able to edit functions, like text styles, layer and dragged state tab etc.

8 Comments
jwylie2020
Advocate

This sounds like it would be project explorer for styles so call it styles explorer.

Good idea.

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. The development team will review the idea while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

J-Porter
Advocate

Great idea!!! Of course, not only just to review the styles, but the ability to edit multiple at once.  For example, if you need to modify several styles' layers or label styles' text, it would be nice to select them and modify them all at once.  

bill2NMLX
Enthusiast

Check out the CTC Tools, CIM Manager Suite. 

PaulTOB
Enthusiast

Oh please yes! Thank you very much. Hopefully we'll have Project Explorer levels of performance too.

cwitzel5NL5H
Advocate

Love it!  Add the ability to create and delete.  I often find I want to purge a drawing of a particular set of styles.  The current method is very time consuming having to scroll and find type of styles I want to purge.

MSchille-1994
Collaborator

Styles are the next biggest influencer of Civil 3D next to the 3D models themselves.  This should have been created with the original realese of Civil 3D.

Simple solution will be. 

Styles shall be allowed to Export into a CSX/XLS file.

After altering the CSV/XLS file import into Civil-3d-DWG. (with Replace / Rename options)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report