Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Labels - Dragged State Positions

Civil 3D Labels - Dragged State Positions

Civil 3D dragged labels should remember their positions for a given annotation scale, as does AutoCAD annotative text.

24 Comments
sdl051
Participant

PASS A LINK TO THIS PAGE AROUND THE OFFICE/INDUSTRY FOR VOTES!!

I've been looking for this option and don't understand why AutoDesk forgot the basic foundations and progression of labeling. We have DDText, then Annotative text (Mtext), then Dynamic labels (C3D Labels), but we forgot the strengths of all types as part of the development.

This post mentions the NEED for the dynamic line labels to be more like that of MText where different viewports and tight places there is a need to be able to adjust the placement (multiple viewport), rotation (multiple viewport) and scale of the dynamic labels.

1. When we label curves and lines using the C3D labels we need the option to have active scales just like MLeaders/Mtext. This will allow the same dynamic labels in two viewports to be placed as needed in two different locations and rotations.

2. We need the dynamic labels to have the options just as "Points" do in C3D where there is a "rotate label" option. This seems to be a needed option to the "Drag State" in the style manager.

3. Don't forget the Parcel label options needing the same progression.

First posted:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/dynamic-rotate-label/idc-p/6623205#M4676

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what I'm doing wrong either. Annotative scale setting doesn't work for Cogo Labels for me. 

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

2021 and this issue still has not been addressed...

ChrisWebster
Enthusiast

2022 and this is still not possible. Regular Autocad Mtext, Mleaders, and such can have multiple positions based on scale, but C3d labels and objects still do not.

Also C3d labels and objects still do not have the ability to remove a certain scale to not show. I.E. detail views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report