Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add possibilty to set and control auto stagger line in profile view data bands

Add possibilty to set and control auto stagger line in profile view data bands

Hello,

We had big problem to set nice profile view for pipes, when all texts are too close to each other and there is no possibilty to control visibility of stagger lines and their layers...:(

Thanks

Martin

6 Comments
martin.folber
Advocate

Hello again,

I would like to add more details to this topic. Generally, current profile view appearance is unfortunatelly very, very far from the "look" according our national standards. Pipe functionality and its user interface is very limited for everyday usage. We are able to customize some settings via API, especially for gravity networks, on the other hand there is no similar API to pressure pipes 😞

Lets start with some smaller "adjustments":

1) Ability to draw low stagger lines in profile view databands, according picture bellow. Currently there is NO WAY how to draw red "leader" lines for stagger labels.

LowStaggerLineMissing.png

2) Ability to control and disable stagger lines set by stagger line height variable (profile view data band tab). Dragged stated label setting is insufficient.

SwitchOffDragedStateLabel.png

General idea is set all profile view data bands and label styles to our national standard that is requested:

CzechStandardProfileView.png

Lets make Civil 3D pipe and pressure network functionality for users.

Thanks

Martin

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi @martin.folber ,

In the Civil 3D 2020 and 2021 releases, we've made a number of enhancements to staggering labels in profile view data bands. Would you please let me know if the new functionality meets the goal of this idea?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/Civi...

TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

martin.folber
Advocate

Hi Tim,

to be honest, I don't see any difference in staggering labels between R2018 and R2021. There is still only one height parameter and no new options from pictures above...

Thanks

Martin

TimYarris
Autodesk

Hi @martin.folber,

My apologies: when I saw the images, I immediately thought of the more complete options we have to have labels stagger and be anchored to to top/bottom of section views:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/e5da7014-4428-432a-9330-95d1838ded10

What you are looking for is similar behavior for gravity and pressure pipes in profile views (specifically bands), correct? As well as the leader line control, of course.

Regarding your earlier comments on the API for pressure networks: hopefully you've found a great deal more API coverage for pressure networks in Civil 3D 2021.0 and 2021.1. Hopefully this will be helpful to you.

martin.folber
Advocate

Hi Tim,

thanks for your reply. As you can see from the images above, different countries - different profile view layouts. It would be great to be able to "tune" more profile view data band labels for both types of networks and of course to have better control for stagger lines (the same for profile view labels, where gap between them is still big in dense cases)

Regarding API of pressure pipes, there is still lots of work to be done...currently we miss tha ability to swap pressure pipe parts...

Also there is very strange behaviour how gravity pipes are displayed in plan...structure mask sometimes works and sometimes not...

Thanks

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report