Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add functionality to MLEADERS or Note Labels

Add functionality to MLEADERS or Note Labels

I've generally used multileaders for labeling everything, but they have some shortcomings. One is, you can't make a background mask default. Not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience. I've posted that as an idea. Much bigger of a problem is that there's no way to make MLEADERS automatically rotate to match the orientation of the view. There are ways to do it tediously, but none of them allow you to have the MLEADER show up with different orientations in different views that are rotated to different angles.

Enter Note Labels. Mildly cumbersome because you have to edit label text which is slightly more difficult than double clicking, but they fill the gaps that MLEADERS have. But I quickly realized that you can't add a leader to a note label.

So, I'd like to have an MLEADER that rotates to the viewport (and bonus if it has a default background mask option) OR a note label style to which you can add more leaders.

1 Comment
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. This would need to be addressed in core AutoCAD, but we will share this with the AutoCAD team for review while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report