Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Civil 3D cannot calculted the area for each cross sections but calculated the volume properly!?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
giscivil92
318 Views, 8 Replies

Why Civil 3D cannot calculted the area for each cross sections but calculated the volume properly!?

Hello everyone

I wonder why Civil 3d calculated the volume for each section but cannot calculate the area!?

giscivil92_0-1719997659827.png

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nkiakas
in reply to: giscivil92

Hi @giscivil92

Did you apply sample lines in your alignment?

Can you share your file to take a look?

Message 3 of 9

Seems either you are reporting a unmatching area and volume.  e.g.  Fill Area vs.  Cut Volume.

Matthew Anderson, PE
Message 4 of 9
giscivil92
in reply to: nkiakas

@nkiakas Yes I added it already.

but I don't know what's the problem

unfortunately, it's impossible for me to send it

Message 5 of 9
nkiakas

Hi @giscivil92 

Also check your table style.

Go to the column of area, and take a look if you inserted another field, not area

Message 6 of 9
giscivil92
in reply to: nkiakas

Hello @nkiakas 

I checked it already but this setting is correct and defined well.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9

If you cant send the file - screenshot your table settings?  The other might be to try to run a volume report.  It's not bound by the tabular settings.

Matthew Anderson, PE
Message 8 of 9
lim.wendy

Hi @giscivil92 .

Thanks for posting. Since you've already checked the sample lines and table styles, let's try a few more steps:

• Run a Volume Report: As Matt suggested, running a volume report may provide additional insight.
  • Screenshots: If possible, please share screenshots of your table settings and section views. 

I'd also suggest watching this video by Jeff Bartels that shows the workflow for creating a Quantity Takeoff Criteria and Materials Volumes.

Let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance!

If they helped solve your issue, consider hitting the "Accept Solution" button. This helps others searching for similar problems find the answer quicker. It also lets our community know which topics are resolved and which still need attention. Plus, it's a great way to show appreciation to the person who helped you!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 9 of 9
giscivil92
in reply to: lim.wendy

@lim.wendy 

Thank you dear Lim for your guidance,

Actually my work is not much the same as this, I calculated the volume between two surfaces and also I checked the points which mentioned by friends but the setting is correct.

the volume is calculated properly but the are no!

Thanks again for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report