Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Layer issue

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
501 Views, 11 Replies

Viewport Layer issue

Very strange problem. 

I made a view port (actually a bunch) and then selected it and moved it to the correct layer. Now when I select the viewport it shows it's on the correct layer. However, if I use the LAYMCUR command it makes the original layer the viewport was on, current. When I plot it also pulls the plot style from the original layer the viewport was on. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried to Audit the drawing?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yes
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Super annoying because I have my title block on the same layer the viewport was originally created on. So I can't just change that layer to no plot or I lose my whole title block. I'd like to avoid re-creating the viewports since I'll never be able to get them all lined up perfectly (or at least it will be a pain in the **** to get them precise again).

Message 5 of 12
AllenJessup

If you copy the viewport with 0,0 displacement does it still have the same problem? If not you can copy them and erase the originals.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Genius, I will try that now. I did try creating new VPs on the correct layer to begin with and they worked correctly.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, they still have same problem. Going to try copytolayer.
Message 8 of 12
AllenJessup

If Copy doesn't work. Maybe CopyToLayer?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Success! Copytolayer worked.
Message 10 of 12
AllenJessup

Great. I'd still like to know what caused the problem. I'd think it was an error in the Layer Table. But if Audit didn't fix it I don't know what would.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
troma

Was it just a viewport, or a viewport clipped with a polyline?
Is it possible the viewport was on one layer and the polyline on the other?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

It was a polygonal viewport that I created on one layer and moved to another. I try to make all my viewports polygonal to avoid having to clip them later if shape changes. I've run into the problem you are describing and have had to re-create viewports, thus I don't like clipped viewports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report