Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very annoying "layer scan" upon any regen or model-to-layout or vice versa

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bcsurvey
132 Views, 1 Reply

Very annoying "layer scan" upon any regen or model-to-layout or vice versa

So I have tinkered with LAYOUTREGENCTL settings and none make any difference - it only takes a few seconds, but I am really starting to get annoyed with the repetitive "scan" of layers in layer manager whenever I move to model space or to a layout.  During this time, I see a "wave" cascade from top to bottom of layer manager, and I can do nothing while this is happening.  Again, only a few seconds, but this is tantamount to "death by a thousand cuts".  LOL

I would really prefer not having to close the layer manager by default (similar to having to close the properties window when selecting many cogo points to prevent the slow selection process), so hopefully somebody has a silver bullet setting that can eliminate this.  

I am on 2024.

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
brian.strandberg
in reply to: bcsurvey

I don't have one.  I would definitely update your graphics drivers.  I frequently see weird issues like this when a user is running older drivers.

That being said, my recommendation is to collapse any palettes you don't need right now.  I used to keep like 4-5 palettes open (Layers, Properties, Xref, Tool Palettes, etc..) but then I was noticing how much extra demand that was adding to my system. You are generally OK if the palette is collapsed (Auto-hide).  I'm curious if you hide the palette and then expand it if it does the same thing.

As a real last resort you can try using the CLASSICLAYER command, but its not nearly as functional.

Good luck 

I spend time on this forum because I enjoy Civil 3d and getting your likes.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report