Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical grid not shown on profile view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Kalhab
3409 Views, 7 Replies

Vertical grid not shown on profile view

Hi everyone,
Sometimes when I create a profile view using C3D 2016 &2017, I notice that the vertical grid lines are missing from my profile view. I've checked all my settings even, I imported settings from other DWG that display the vertical grid but the problem still persists. the only option that now I use is to change the profile view style to other one and modify it to my style. Anyone else know how ro fix this with out changing the profile view style?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Kalhab

check the profile view style for the layer name the vertical grid lines are on. then check that layer in the layer manager if it is turned off or frozen.

Message 3 of 8
Kalhab
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I checked the layers are on and not frozen in  profile view setting and layer manager. the problem is still there.

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I believe you could get this resolved rather quickly if you would post a small dwg of your problem.

Bill

Also, I cannot tell for sure if you are showing a picture of Model Space but in your Pic 2 NOT SHOWING is VP Freeze (Only if you are in a ViewPort)

Message 5 of 8
Kalhab
in reply to: wfberry

here is the sample C3D 217 dwg.

Message 6 of 8
wfberry

With such a long alignment, you need to change the horizontal frequency and all is well. Change the Major and Minor Tick Interval to a wider spacing.

Bill

Message 7 of 8
Kalhab

when I change the major tick interval to 100 m and minor tick interval to 20 m, it worked.
thanks
Message 8 of 8
Kevin.Hotchkiss

I was running into this issue also after changing profile from View from Right to View from Left. I found that it was because my left/right vertical axis and top/bottom horizontal axis had different major tick intervals. This caused the grid to add lines splitting the difference between the major intervals.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report