Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Profile View and Pipes for a 'Services' Section

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
268 Views, 1 Reply

Using Profile View and Pipes for a 'Services' Section

Hi All, 

I am trying to develop a profile view Object Style that will show the following information:

- Natural Surface;

- all types of services (comms, power, stormwater, sewer, etc);

- proposed building levels below ground (basement 2, basement 1, ground floor, etc);

- building ground anchors.

I am currently showing the above information as pipes (e.g. I have placed each basement on plan as a 'pipe' with the diameter as the slab thickness), this displays well on the section but my issues begin when trying to organise the data bands. 

I would like to develop the following data bands:

- Surface level (complete - no action required here);

- service invert level (invert of each service crossing shown on one data band);

- clearance to ground anchor (this could be tricky as the clearance from ground anchor would need to be interpolated);

Before I delve into the above I want to see if it is even possible. are the profile views flexible enough that I could set it up to produce clearances between services?

Is there a better/easier way to model existing site services?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you considered using PROJECTOBJECTSTOPROF command instead of Pipes?

As far as putting the data in a Data Band, I don't think so. When you projects the objects to the Profile View, there will be a labeling option, but it won't be part of an actual Data Band. Maybe that can work for you.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report