Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off file tab sheet list

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rantioTYUY9
332 Views, 4 Replies

Turn off file tab sheet list

Hi All,

This may have been answered already, but I'm unable to find it in a search.

I always turn off (set to 0) the annoying "FILETABPREVIEW" & "FILETABTHUMBHOVER", which leaves just the sheet list when hovering over a file tab. Is there a way to turn off the sheet list as well?

I frequently have drawings with 20+ layouts. When C3D crams all the sheets in a preview, it will cover the "X" I'm trying to click to close that tab. It gives you less than a second to hit the "X" and close the tab before it's covered behind the sheet list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ghost Rider

2023 Civil 3D

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: rantioTYUY9

I don't believe there is a way to turn of the list view, as you would not have access to the sheets without it. Also, as a best practice you best not to exceed more that 10 layouts per drawing.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rantioTYUY9

Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply. Really no choice on the number of layouts. Whatever is necessary to fully define the project.

And, accessing any sheet has never been an issue since those are always available in the lower toolbar. The same toolbar with osnap, polar tracking, quick properties...etc.

Thanks again,

Ghost Rider

Message 4 of 5
rl_jackson

Really no choice on the number of layouts. Whatever is necessary to fully define the project.

That's what Sheet Set Manager (SSM) is designed for. You can even have a drawing for every layout with SSM, and it extremely helpful when file size gets to be an issue.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
cwr-pae

Use "alt", "f", "c" to close the file. That is 3 individual keystrokes. It works best if you set "menubar" to 1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report