Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Style Elevations Table

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
nezarismael7
660 Views, 16 Replies

Table Style Elevations Table

hello, i have a problem if someone could help me please  , i was trying to add a new column with a certain formula i make myself  on the table is it possible ?? , and if not is it possible to let the program add the exact area of the volume calculated in the table not only the Plan area as shown in the photo attached , thanks in advance.Inkedytr_LI.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
nezarismael7
in reply to: nezarismael7

iam refering to the pink color that should be more *

Message 3 of 17
nezarismael7

i still have the same problem if any one have a clue

Message 4 of 17

I am no sure if this is possible, i myself would add a Mtext object with a mask over the pink value.

My personal blog - AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D hidden Secrets and great tips in one place -

https://skillamplifier.com/

Amplify your skills to a new level!

Message 5 of 17
rl_jackson

At this time formulas don't work in C3D tables.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 17
nezarismael7

@rl_jackson  @Zlatislav.atanasov  ok thanks, is there a way to know the volume of each color area VOL exactly as the volume written in the table doesn't represent the shown color area only.

Message 7 of 17
ChrisRS

It would be best if you provided the drawing.
I am guessing that this is a volume surface.

Christopher Stevens
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 17
ChrisRS

What volume are you looking for?
The vertical donut that each color represents or the corresponding 0.25 thick slice?

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 9 of 17
nezarismael7

@ChrisRS  yes this is a volume surface. and I am looking for the hatched part volume shown in the pic ( donut-shaped, and not only the .25 thick slice and talking about the overall depth volume for this area .

nezarismael7_0-1645504599054.png

Message 10 of 17
ChrisRS

You cannot do this automatically in a table.

You can accurately calculate the donut volume, using the Volumes Dashboard and Bounded Volums.

1. Sart with your volume surface, say "VOL"
  2. Preserve VOL by working on a copy, "VOL2".
    Use copy to make a copy of VOL; you can paste it off to the side for better visibility. Rename this surface to VOL2.
  3. Stylize VOL2 to show contours. In this case I would use an interval of 0.25m. You can add user defined contours as well; if so, make sure the style displays user contours.
  4. Extract the contours and/or user contours from VOl2 (_AeccSurfaceExtractObjects)
  5. Open Volumes Dashboard and add VOL2
  6. Select VOL2 and click the Add Bounded Volume button.
    Select one of the extracted contours.
    For the pink area this would be the contour between violet and pink.
    The resulting bounded area is like a vertical sided 'cookie', excluding everything outside of the pink area. (cookie cutter) 
  7. With VOL2 still selected, click the Add bounded volume button again.
    Select another one of the extracted contours.
    For the pink area this would be the contour between pink and blue.
    The resulting bounded area is a 'cookie', including everything inside the pink area.  
  8. Subtract the bounded volume of Step 7 from the bounded volume of Step 6.
    This is the pink 'donut' volume. 
  9. Click the Insert Cut/Fill Summary button to add a "Cut/Fill Summary" block to the drawing.

Notes:

1. Vol2 is dynamic to VOL.
  2. The extracted contours are not dynamic. If VOL changes, the calculated volumes will be out of date.
  3. You can get the 'donut' volume in one bounded surface by creating an 'almost donut' from the extracted contours. Put small breaks in the 2 extracted contactors and join with lines connecting them at each side of the gaps. Think of the outline of the letter 'C' with a very small gap. You can use this as a boundary for a bounded surface that gives the donut volume. I do not think that this worth the effort. At a later date, the cookie subtraction is easier to figure out than this 'clever' trick. 

I have not investigated Project Explorer (PE) with regard to this issue.
PE is very powerful. It appears that it is actively being developed/improved. It is bright and shiny.
I think that PE effectively ends Autodesk/Civil 3D development of standard/existing Civil 3D tables and reports.  

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
nezarismael7

Hello, @ChrisRS  I appreciate your help, actually, that's the exact method I am using right now, the problem is that it's not easy when it comes to big scale projects, I was just confused why does the table shows an area that is different than the corresponding volume, I didn't know about PE before, ill investigate it and report back if I found a solution , thanks !

Message 12 of 17
ChrisRS

Good luck with PE.

I think you have a workable method, @nezarismael7. Hopefully my instructions will be useful to someone else.

Looking at your original post, I do not understand what is incorrect. It is not obvious to me. Incorrect tables are indeed a problem.  

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
nezarismael7

the original post was about the same matter, I was trying to know how the area and volume in the table are calculated ( explained in the photo attached below ), thanks for all your instructions.

nezarismael7_0-1645604331134.png

Message 14 of 17
ChrisRS

Are you talking about Are or Volume discrepancies?

Without your drawing, I really can't troubleshoot.

The Area is the area of the various donuts.

The Volume is the area of the various cookies.

The pink and I checked the pink and blue areas. the look OK to me.

ChrisRS_0-1645606225069.png

Volume by average end area:

full bottom of violet area = 215+279+369 = 863

full top of violet area = 279+369 = 648

violet volume = (863+648)/2 x 0.25 = 189    (190 in table) CHECK

full bottom of pink area = 279+369 = 648

full top of pink area = 369

pink volume = (648*369)/2 x 0.25 = 127     (128 in table) CHECK

violet volume = (863+648)/2 x 0.25 = 189    (190 in table) CHECK

I'm still not seeing a problem.

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
nezarismael7

yes, I am with you in all of the above, but let us take the pink color, for example, we said before that there is no way in the table to calculate the ( pink donut color) Volume, although the table gives the area of the same part, so if you want to divide the volume by the corresponding area it won't give you the right average depth of the area.

my problem isn't the results coming from the table which I know is right from your explanation, my problem is there is no method to check the table whether the numbers in it are right or wrong outside the program .

Message 16 of 17
ChrisRS

I am with you regarding no simple way to check outside of the program.

The best that I can do:

Pink donut range is 1.0 m to 1.25 m.

Average Depth = 1.125 m

Pink area = 278.73 sq. m.

Pink volume = 278.73 x 1.125 = 324 cu. m.

How does this compare to your donut volume calculated with bounded volumes? 

You could use information in this table to manually create an AutoCAD table or Excel table with cumulative area, average donut depth and donut volume.

I am curious. why do you need the donut volume? 

Christopher Stevens

EESignature

Message 17 of 17
nezarismael7

Well I use it on several occasions, for example when I try to calculate a new earthwork ( cut & fill ) quantities done by dozers and quantities done by excavators & dumper trucks, it helps me in either making transportation plans inside the site or in the project estimation phase to know the amount of dozing in the project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report