Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surveying - Curb and Gutter in single shot

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jvegter
246 Views, 2 Replies

Surveying - Curb and Gutter in single shot

Hi, I used to use Inroads for bringing in survey data and we had a TMPL code to shoot curb and gutter. We’d shoot BC ST TMPL (back of curb), FL ST (flow line), EA ST (edge of asphalt)… that would form a curb/gutter template and all subsequent BC shots would draw in the other linework automatically. For Civil 3D, it looks like the only option is to code horizontal and vertical offsets - very cumbersome. Has anyone found any easier way or know of a way I can use the method I used for InRoads? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jvegter
in reply to: jvegter

We also use Trimble Business Center to process our data most of the way before bringing into Civil 3D. Perhaps there’s a template linework control code within TBC that will allow me to create curb and gutter from just shooting the back of curbs, then export the linework from TBC and import into CAD. I’ll have to check tomorrow.

Message 3 of 3
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: jvegter

I have never heard of a process to do this in Civil 3D.  When processing point files, it looks at the line codes from the points within the file.  A process like this would need to create the points from nothing, so they would not be part of the original survey data file, and it wouldn't be able to be tied into the survey database as current workflows go.  Not saying that it couldn't be something like that in the future, but currently, to the best of my knowledge I dont know of such a tool with in Civil 3D.   Now, if you were working with lidar or a point cloud, Recap now has the capabilities to trace in multiple geometry lines using a single base line.  2024 added horizontal layout, 2025 adds the ability to use that tool vertically.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report