Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface based on longitude and lattitude points

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ammc1
409 Views, 6 Replies

Surface based on longitude and lattitude points

Hello All,

I have a list of about 100 points in longitude, lattitude and elevation in a .csv file. I need to create a surface and topo map based on this list. What is the best way to accomplish this? any help is greatly appricated.

Thanks in advance.

Atlas Mining

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bforr
in reply to: ammc1

I would convert the lat longs to state plane and import them thusly.

Message 3 of 7
ammc1
in reply to: bforr

Thank you. Can you give me some more instruction on how to do this?

Thakns.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

1. Start a new drawing with a coordinate system of UTM84-__N (choose the zone based on where the project is located– it’s the UTM84 that’s important) and create a new surface.
  2. In the toolspace,  select point file, and find your .csv point file (see fig.1)
  3. You’ll get the 'add point file dialogue box'– select a new point file format, and select ‘user point file’

4. When the point file format dialogue box comes up, give the format a name, it’s delimitated by comma, and under the columns, select DECDEG Longitude /  DECDEG Latitude and point elevation to match your point file. (see fig.2)

5. You can load and parse your file to ensure that it works if you wish, and select OK -> continue on to creating the surface from the file using the point file with the format you just set up

Please mark as a solution if this solves your problems, and Kudos are always welcome!!

Good luck!!

Message 5 of 7
bforr

I use CorpsCon.  It can convert a file.  All you do is set up you input and output parameters, run the file  and check you results.  I believe the geodedic calculator in C3D can do this also. 

Message 6 of 7
ammc1
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
bforr
in reply to: Anonymous

cool.  I wasn't aware of the user style.  Learn something new every day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report