Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly composer Create daylight that shows cut and fill in Civil 3d?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2096 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly composer Create daylight that shows cut and fill in Civil 3d?

I have created or attempted to create a daylight SA with a cut/fill. Everything seems to work in Subassembly Composer and looks correct, but when I bring it into Civil 3d it only shows my cut section. Is there a way to have it show both cut/fill like the standard Civil 3d daylight SA?

However the SA works properly in my corridor in a fill section, I couldn't add my SA links or points from the fill section just from my assembly. But when I went into corridor seciton editor, to a section that had a fill, I could import the codes from that section and get my SA links and points to label them properly. 

I've attached a picture showing that it just shows the cut section when it is shown with my assembly. 

I've also attached the .pkt file that I am using.

SA CUTFILL.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use a decision to test if the subassembly is just being drawn in layout (i.e. when it's not in a corridor) and have it draw both the cut and fill. See attached revised pkt file.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thank you very much, worked great! I found a similar thread and saw that SA.islayout before, but am fairly new to using SAC and wasn't sure exactly what that was or how to exactly use it. 

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
joantopo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @KMercier_C3D

Could you ask this in Civil 3D ideas? :

I understand your flowchart but that means that a part of code must be shared for layout and Roadway condition.

I tried copying a point located in Layout=true branch to the false branch (same point's name, P6), but this workaround doesn't work due to the attached subassembly doesn't find P6 although has the same point's name in Roadway.

Thanks.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 5 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: joantopo

@joantopo, I'm not quite sure what feature you are thinking would be worth a post to the Ideas forum. SAC has a way to show multiple scenarios in layout by using the SA.islayout decision. You are right that you can not duplicate a point number but that is because you can't define something twice within any combination of flowchart analysis branches. Asking for the ability to duplicate a point or link in any instance other than being on different branches is just asking for trouble. Just my two cents. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report