Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA 2017 - Background Image w/ World File

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mzjensen
692 Views, 2 Replies

SSA 2017 - Background Image w/ World File

Has anyone been able to successfully get a georeferenced image into SSA to use as a background? I have a .jpg image with a corresponding .jgw world file. I can get the image to show as a background with no problem, but it seems like SSA will just place the image at whatever coordinates you are viewing when you do the import. Selecting the .jgw from the "World coordinate file (optional)" dialog does nothing for me.

I am using SSA 2017.

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mzjensen
in reply to: mzjensen

I was able to get it to work, but my workflow is not reproducible. It worked for me when I selected the world file first and then selected the image file. However, when I tried to unload the image and repeat the process it did not work.

It seems like when the image is added, it will be scaled to either fit the extents of the piping network or the plan view zoom extents. I've had it do both and I'm not sure why it does this.

Here's some more strange behavior: if I load the image and the world file and then check the "Watermark" option, the program will refresh and the image will be scaled/aligned appropriately. But as soon as I zoom to a new level in plan view, the image will snap back to whatever is was before. 

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mzjensen

Having same problem. Does not appear that the georeferencing routine works at all.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report