Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spliting up a Mass Haul diagram

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
579 Views, 3 Replies

Spliting up a Mass Haul diagram

Civil 3d 2016

Is there a way to "split" a mass haul view?

I'm envisioning how you can set stationing for a profile view but I can't find a setting for that among the properties for a mass haul view.

The goal is to show the mass haul view over several pages.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't there is a way to do this but I hope I'm wrong - there has been no development for Mass Haul diagrams at all as far as I recall. I made some suggestions to improve them as they are extremely useful to me but this was the reply received

Re: Mass haul diagrams - Status changed to: Archived

Due to a low strategic fit, technical feasibility, or the support of your peers, ideas with this status are not being considered for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea has merit. We always encourage you to rework and resubmit these ideas based on feedback received.

So if it isn't possible now then don't hold your breath for it to get added...:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

I was worried that might be the case.

I had read a post you had made from back in 2012 and was hoping that something might have changed since then.

Message 4 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately mass haul diagrams aren't sexy and can't sell software like flashy 3D stuff can even though they are arguably of more practical use than fancy fly throughs.

I tend not to print out the mass hauls but I find it easier to extract the volume information in Civil, lump the volumes into say 250m chunks, create an X-Y scatter Chart in Excel and import the Excel Chart back to Civil and manually compute the volumes and haul distances. It's not pretty and very manual and I'm sure it could be programmed in Civil but that's beyond me.

2016-11-24 15_53_57-E2273-IHB-ZZ-XX-DR-W-0006_S3.pdf - Foxit Reader.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report