Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Structure Labels? workaround

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
478 Views, 3 Replies

Slow Structure Labels? workaround

I have noticed that with 2011 that when you grip structure labels in order to move them, the program freezes up and takes a great deal of time to show the actual vertex and allow you to move it. (ok its like 40 seconds but in autocad terms thats a lifetime).

I believed it to be a problem related to the function of the ribbon, as it takes time to deisplay contextural information, however when I set the RibbonContectSelect variable, it had no effect, when I closed the ribbon, no effect.  I was frustrated for a bit then found a easy workaround.

Select any old line or dummy object before the label, and voila, you are able to move the label like you should.  Didnt have this issue in 2009, maybe they forgot a line of code or something.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is something I have noticed in other versions as well.  This is a wierd thing but it does work.  Hit Alt and Tab, to cycle to another open window (Alt Tab is a Windows Command).  Cycle to another window and then back to CAD and it should be fine.  I dont know why this works but it does.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you close your Properties menue instead of leaving it open or docking it. you will be able to select labels without freezing.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

And here I thought it was the ribbon that was causing the issue, thanks for the post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report