Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Parcel frontage and depth in the table

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sukishums
232 Views, 6 Replies

Show Parcel frontage and depth in the table

Hi all,

Click Prospector tab - Sites - Lots - Parcels, there's a table pop up below showing lot number, area and perimeter. I would usually select all and right click copy to clipboard and paste in an Excel sheet.

Is there a way to show lot's frontage and depth in the table that I can export?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Suki 

sukishums_0-1724906070840.png

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TerryDotson
in reply to: sukishums

Determining frontage and depth can't simply be determined by a parcel alone.  The only logical approach is to use an alignment to find the station and offset values of all points on the parcel, sort by station, subtract and estimate the frontage.  Then the minimum and maximum offsets could be averaged to estimate the depth.  While we include these estimates in a report in one of our tools, the only way to build a truly trustworthy table is to use HI (Human Intelligence) to evaluate each parcel and build the table.

Message 3 of 7

If you compare to your alignment, and look at a lot you can get the compared offset for each point.  I can see adding a formula to an excel sheet to determine frontage length.

brianstrandberg_0-1724944739050.png

You can export this with the quick export to file, or use the object sets to more precisely customize the setup.

brianstrandberg_1-1724944771107.png

I spend time on this forum because I enjoy Civil 3d and getting your likes.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8
Message 4 of 7
sukishums

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help.

I received the pre-cal plan from the engineer, and I’m a bit uncertain about how to apply alignment to it. I apologize for my limited understanding of alignment. Since I already have the segment lengths for the lots, I'm wondering why alignment is still necessary in this context.

I noticed that under the Annotate tab, there's an option to add tables for parcels, specifically using the "Add Area" function. I was able to create a Parcel table that displays the Parcel number, Area, Perimeter, and Segment Lengths (all lengths in one cell as shown in image).

My goal is to export an Excel table with "width of lot" and "depth of lot" in separate cells. Referring to the image, the table  I want would be Parcel number in one column, Area in one column, width of parcel in one column, and depth of parcel in one column.

Would the best approach be to draw alignments manually, or should I use the current Parcel table and then manually separate the segment lengths into a width column and depth column in Excel? I’m working with around 1000 lots.

I’ve attached the original pre-cal plan from the engineer (no centerline for building alignment), the parcel plan I created (with lot segment label), and the corresponding Parcel table (with all segments in the same cell).

Thanks again for your assistance.

sukishums_0-1724983636594.png

sukishums_1-1724983662367.png

sukishums_2-1724983935911.png

Message 5 of 7
TerryDotson

Since I already have the segment lengths for the lots, I'm wondering why alignment is still necessary in this context.

To do it manually you would NOT need alignments, you could zoom/pan around and check distances or review existing labels.  You were looking for automation, and without alignments the only remaining approach would be ...

<rambling mode on> to apply a rule that parcels are always deeper (depth) than they are wide (frontage).  In automation without alignments one could rotate the parcel in memory until each comes close to ortho rectangles, then use the dimensions of that to determine results.  However, glancing at your parcels drawing, it looks like that rule would only work about 90% of the time.  To minimize the possibility of errors, the best approach I can imagine (again in automation) is to place two dimension objects in each parcel with the parcel data as extra data, let the user review and tweak, then report from those special dims. <rambling mode off>

Given that there is no perfect solution in existence, I would recommend you get started building the data table on paper, then pass it off to a clerical person to put in a spreadsheet.

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: TerryDotson

@TerryDotson <ramble mode> was that part BOT 🤣

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
sukishums

Thanks guys 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report