Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shapefile Export crashes C3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Gerhard_Niemand
212 Views, 3 Replies

Shapefile Export crashes C3D

Hi All

I am experiencing a terribly annoying issue where I can't export a shapefile from Civil 3D.

I am currently running C3D 2024.

I have tried it on previous versions as well and my PC went through a format and C3D has also gone through multiple re-installs.

I tried the MapExport and MapDWGtoSDF commands and both yields the same result. I go through the whole process and then C3D just closes with no warning before it reaches completion. Upon re-opening, C3D shows the Fatal Error message and then I have to open C3D again for it to function as per normal. 

It does not seem that the amount of data selected to create a shapefile of has any effect on the outcome as it does the same with little to no data selected as well. 

The data I am trying to create a shapefile off is lines as everything has been exploded so no funny business there. 

Can you please advise?

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: Gerhard_Niemand

Hi Gerhard,
What happens with a different drawing and different linework? Same result? Can you post your drawing where this happens?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Gerhard_Niemand 

<<...trying to create a shapefile off is lines as everything has been exploded...>>

What were those 'lines' before you exploded them? If you still have the original drawing file, select a line, then with the line still selected take a screenshot, include the Properties Palette in your screenshot. Take a second screenshot of a line after it was exploded, include the Properties Palette. 

Comparing an object's properties before and after exploding can provide vital information. Please share it.

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 4
lim.wendy
in reply to: Gerhard_Niemand

Hi Gerhard,

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum! I see you've posted a question. Did you get a chance to look at the suggestions from our experts?

If you still need help, please provide more details about your issue. The more specific you are, the better our community can assist you.

If they helped solve your issue, consider hitting the "Accept Solution" button. This helps others searching for similar problems find the answer quicker. It also lets our community know which topics are resolved and which still need attention. Plus, it's a great way to show appreciation to the person who helped you!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report